Between 2011 and 2012, the All-Poland Alliance of Trade Unions (OPZZ) carried out an EU-funded project comparing social security legislation in Poland, Bulgaria and Portugal. The project, entitled "The future of social security in Europe: shared knowledge and responsibilities", focused on the application of EU Regulations on the rights of mobile workers and pensioners. It dealt in particular with the coordination of social security systems as put in place by Member States, as well as with the role and participation of trade unions in the process.
The project partners were:
• Confederação Geral dos Trabalhadores Portugueses – Intersindical Nacional
(CGTP-IN) from Portugal
• Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (CITUB – KNSB)
The comparison of national legislations in Poland, Bulgaria and Portugal allowed project partners to:
• improve their knowledge of the social security schemes in their own country;
• become aware of the country differences;
• comprehend the coordination of social protection laws throughout Europe.
• Interview with OPZZ President Jan Guz
• Publication - The future of social security in Europe: shared knowledge and responsibilities